The dengue situation in the country has reached an epidemic level at this point. Hospitals are getting filled up fast by the affected and many are dying due to lack or delay of treatment.
The situation is only made worse by the unique type of dengue that is being observed this year. The symptoms are not being visible early on, leaving many unsuspicious of their dengue fever.
Here are 6 steps that you can take to make sure you stay safe from the epidemic disease:
- If you have water clogging around the room or your house, clear them at least every three days
- Do not let water accumulate anywhere, including flower pots, containers, used up cans and other similar objects
- Use a mosquito net while sleeping, whether it is night or day. Aedes mosquitos are known for flying around during daytime as much as the night
- If possible, consider wearing light coloured full-sleeved tops and pants at all times
- Use mosquito repellants on the hands, legs and uncovered area of the face whenever possible
- Shut the windows, doors and nets during dawn and dusk
Dengue is deadly, but it is preventable and treatable. If you are caught off guard with a fever, get yourself checked as early as possible. Don’t wait for the symptoms to show up. Stay safe and spread awareness.